- ABOUT US
- SURF COURSES
- SURF 'N' STAY
The O'Neill Surf Academy, operated by West Coast Surfari at Office: Trevose Farm, Trevose Head, St Merryn, Padstow Cornwall PL288SL understands and respects the importance of your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below.
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:-
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:-
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose the information to the providers of the services making up your holiday, lesson or activity arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA).
(2) In you travel for any or our lessons or holidays overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(3) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(4) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as "data processors" on our behalf, or to other organisations who perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom may be outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(5) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
(6) We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing not to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
WHAT CAN I DO?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at:- firstname.lastname@example.org or in wiring to O'Neill Surf Academy, Trevose Head, St Merryn, Padstow, Cornwall PL288SL
You may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
Please note that in order for us to provide you with optimum service, we use ‘Cookies' on our website. ‘Cookies' are a feature of web browser software which allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. ‘Cookies' allow us to obtain information regarding users of our site which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We don't store and record any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data. Most browsers automatically allow ‘cookies,' however usually your web browser will enable you to disable ‘cookies' should you wish to do so.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.